Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where did 4 months go?


Our little man turned 4 months old this week. You'll have to forgive his sour expression in the above photo...mommy knows better than to try to take a picture right before bedtime! This was the best of the lot, but I found the tired photos pretty cute too (actually, I'm not sure I've ever taken a photo of Linc that I didn't find adorable).

Linc....did you just read that? Part of the reason I loved the name Lincoln was that I thought the nickname "Linc" was cute...however, prior to Lincoln's arrival, John vetoed the use of said nickname. Once he came home, he quickly became "buddy"...which neither of us liked, but it just sort of came out naturally. I argued that Linc was a much better nickname than buddy, but to no avail. Just this week, John decided that his nickname for Lincoln is "16" (though I'm curious as to how long he's been secretly referring to him that way in his own head). It took me a while to make the connection...but I'm sure you'll figure it out faster than I did. Of course, it is also appropriate that he was born on the 16th. So, for daddy...it's 16 and for mommy it's Linc (because I of course argued that if John can call him 16, then I can call him Linc)...ya! I can't wait to shout, "Go Linc" at a football game.


But, if he's playing football, then he's all grown up and I'm trying to just sit back and enjoy this time while he is "small". We look at him on a daily basis and can't believe that he is the same little boy that wouldn't gain weight when we came home from the hospital. His new 6-9 month sleepers have skid proof feet, I take this as a sign that some little ones are WALKING by the time they wear this size.


One of my favorite things he has started to do this month is "talk". He wakes us up every morning just chatting with his mobile animals. He'll go for a good hour before he starts to fuss and wants up...which we let him do if the chatting starts at anytime that begins with the number 5. I've included a link to a video of our little alarm clock below.



Other highlights of this month included meeting his Guild cousins, Julia and Ethan, plus his Aunt Debbie and Uncle Jay. Another swimming adventure at Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Rick's house and a really fun playdate (i.e. he was actually awake and somewhat interacted with the other babies as opposed to sleeping thru the entire event) and finally being tall enough to play with the Baby Einstein toy at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Ethan and Lincoln checking each other out!

Julia taking very good care of Lincoln



Pool time...gotta always have that paci!


Playdate fun with Cole!


So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment