Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Daysssss

It's our 4th snow day in a row...so I have a little bit of time on my hands to update Lincoln's blog.  

Here are a couple of pictures from my front door.  I know our family in Iowa will get a kick out of the small amount of snow that shut down our city this week...though to be fair there is an inch of ice under the snow.






So, what have we been up to besides trying not to go crazy stuck in the house?

Lincoln turned nine months old on the 16th of January.  He is a VERY busy little boy who wants to explore everything in sight.  Keeping up with him and keeping him out of trouble takes all of our time and energy at the moment...but we wouldn't have it any other way!





A couple of things that he does now that I find adorable:

-When finished with his bedtime bottle, he turns toward me and crawls up my chest in order to lay his head on my shoulder.

-Likes to pull up on EVERYTHING and has started taking small shuffling steps while holding on to the furniture.

-Loves his race car walker, our dog bailey (and chasing Bailey in the race car walker), and all things electronic...the phone and the remote control are his two most coveted items.

-Smiles when you tell him, "no" (though I'm sure I won't find this adorable for long)

-Uses the sign for "all done" appropriately after dinner and when he is tired of doing things

-Prefers to eat big boy food by himself as opposed to being fed baby food...his first attempt at spaghetti is below.



In other news...Lincoln spent his first night away from mommy and daddy the night before he turned 9 months old.  Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Rick had SO much fun playing with him, but I think they were exhausted by the time I came to pick him up!

He came down with the flu the following day (no coincidence Grandma says).  A 9 month old with the flu is a sad, sad sight.  The silver lining to the flu was all of the cuddle time Lincoln and I spent together.  It's been a while since he has just wanted to cuddle with his mommy instead of go-go-go!   

We started Little Gym classes this past week.  I'm not sure which of the three of us had more fun!  The class is for 10-18 month olds and I'm pretty sure Lincoln is the biggest kid in the class.  He continues to top the growth charts and grow out of his clothes at a moments notice.  




And...in even more exciting news, we found out that Lincoln is getting a new little girl cousin AND new little boy cousin this summer...stay tuned for more details!  


No comments:

Post a Comment